So you want to know about my Nine Loves. I have a feeling there are going to be a lot of categories within a category going on. People always want specifics right?
- Dancing. I’ve been dancing since I was five years old. Back then I didn’t know why I loved it, but as I grew up I discovered many reasons. I’ve heard that runners run because they get into this zone, where they don’t think about anything or see or feel the world outside their running body. Well for me, dancing does much of the same, but I get into that zone most frequently when doing ballet. Ballet strongly focuses on mastering your body, focusing on your arms, fingers, toes, ankles, back, stomach, hips, knees, chest, ribs, shoulders, and neck all at the same time. For most people, that much focus is unimaginable and they can’t master it, but when I enter my dancing zone, I can focus on all of that and more because I’m blocking out everything that ties me to the real world. Ballet is my place of peace. With that said, here are some of my other favorite styles of dance: contemporary, hip hop, jazz, and tap.
- Reading. I mentioned yesterday that I connect more with characters in books than I do with people in real life. Reading is another way I can escape into myself and into a new world without any of the problems or responsibilities of real life. I’d make a list of my favorite books, but that would take too long and take away from the task at hand. One day I’ll make a list of my favorite books.
- Family. All of my family live in different states. My parents moved years ago by themselves to follow work so seeing my family is pretty rare and I cherish the time I get to see them even more because of it. I wish that I had lived near my family growing up. Sometimes I feel like they’re complete strangers, when my cousins and I could have grown up like brothers and sisters. We keep tabs on each other through social media like Facebook but it’s not the same as personal interaction. Even though I don’t see my family regularly, I love them more every day. I know that if I ever needed them, they would flock to my door in a heartbeat, and I would do the same for them.
- Food. This is seriously my downfall. I love…love…LOVE…food. Now I just need to learn to love, love, LOVE, healthy food.
- School. I guess you could say I have a love/hate relationship with school. Don’t get me wrong, I love being on vacation and being able to do whatever I want whenever I want, but I feel sort of lost without classes and homework for structure. However, I have a problem with stressing myself out too much with deadlines and exams and papers. I’ve been doing yoga this summer so hopefully I’ll see a difference in the way I act with my studies in the fall.
- My dogs. Oh my gosh. My little fur balls are the loves of my life! I’ve had my dogs, Lady and Tramp since I was 7 years old (they’re about 14/15 years old). I love playing with them, talking to them, and cuddling with them. They are the most adorable, grumpy, sweet, old couple I’ve ever met. I can’t even begin to express how much I love them so I’ll just leave it at that.
- My Bookshelf. I’ve talked about this a lot. My bookshelf is my favorite part of my room. It holds all my books that I love, all my trinkets that hold fond memories, little stuffed animals I got on special occasions, and all my nerdy paraphernalia. It’s amazing, seriously.
- Creativity. Alright, that was pretty vague, but I didn’t have enough numbers to list all of these things. I love writing, painting, drawing, and photography.
- Netflix. Because of Netflix, I am obsessed with Grey’s Anatomy, One Tree Hill, Dance Academy, Make It Or Break It, and many others. Netflix lets me enjoy movies and t.v. shows alike whenever I want, wherever I want. I wish it had a wider selection of better known movies, but hey, I can’t complain too much. For the price, it’s a great investment. And no I wasn’t paid by Netflix to spread the word, I’m just a customer who really loves their services.
There you have it, my Nine Loves. I’m sure there are many more, but that’s all for now!